Embedded Software Engineer
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Location: Manchester, UK
An opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Based in our Manchester (Chadderton) office, you will be responsible for developing and implementing firmware for embedded devices, which interface with gaming system hardware; providing a hardware abstraction layer for devices to allow third-party platforms to run.
As a key member of our Engineering Department team, your work will be varied and challenging; involving the design, development and support for board level products and devices. A keen interest in embedded systems and devices is therefore essential. You will play an active role in all stages of product development from concept and design definition through to production and support.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary and benefits and will be supported by your manager to grow your career within the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of embedded software, including; OS customisation, device driver integration, firmware and applications
- Board-level bring-up, debug, test and system integration
- Define and perform validation and verification
- Specification and technical documentation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics, Software Engineering or relevant subject
- Design and development experience:
- Using microprocessors and microcontrollers in embedded systems
- Within digital interfaces and communications protocols such as: I²C, SPI, USB, UART and GPIO etc.
- Developing embedded firmware in C/C++
- Ability to interpret existing schematics of digital and analogue circuits
- Experience designing and developing:
- Windows 10 Embedded IoT
- Embedded Linux
- Production test software
- Custom APIs
- Sample / demonstration applications
- Excellent technical reading and writing skills
- Microsoft Embedded Operating Systems including; Windows XP and Windows 7
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits such as:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
- Various employee discounts and perks
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title search: Embedded Software Engineer/ C/C++ Firmware Engineer/ Platform Engineer/ Software Engineer/ Software Developer/ Solution Architect/ Embedded Systems/ Digital interfaces and protocols/