Graduate Software Engineer
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Location: Manchester, UK
Graduate Software Engineer/Developer – C++ Objected Orientated, Multi-threading
SG Gaming has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Software Engineer to join the Research and Development team in Manchester. Working in an experienced software team, the role is to develop and extend SG’s video gaming platform, which is responsible for hosting games developed by multiple software teams. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team responsible for developing all aspects of the video gaming platform software from initial design, through to final release.
This role would suit a graduate from a Computer Science or similar discipline, who wants to be part of a busy and exciting development team, who enjoys solving problems and developing headless software, which provides the interface between the peripherals and the gaming experience, and has a flexible and results driven attitude towards their work. Whilst this role involves working with video games, there is limited graphical work, and where it is required it is restricted to simple dialogue boxes or configuration menus.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development (comfortable using C++). A genuine interest in working with computer hardware and peripherals is also desirable.
- The candidate will be required to work with and develop the company’s video gaming platform software running on embedded Windows XP / 7.
- Maintain existing software for UK and International markets.
- Follow departmental procedures throughout the development process.
- Where necessary perform customer site visits.
Skills & Experience:
In addition to having a genuine passion for software development, a desire to learn new skills and techniques is also a major pre-requisite of this position. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development.
- C++ in an object oriented environment.
- A degree in a relevant subject such as Computer Science.
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts with some practical application in a Windows environment.
- Familiar with a Windows development environment using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Familiar with the concept of using source code control, for example Subversion.
- Some experience of C#.
- Embedded Windows development.
- Knowledge of interfacing to web services using SOAP, XML, WCF and JSON.
- An interest in hardware and communications protocols.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. In return for their efforts, the R&D Junior Software Engineer shall receive training on SGG products, along with a competitive salary and benefits and will be supported by their manager to grow their career within the company.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title Search: Software Engineer/Software Developer/Programmer/Graduate Software Engineer/Graduate Developer/Games Developer/Games Engineer/Games Software Developer