Software Engineer C++
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Location: Manchester, UK
SG Gaming has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join the SSBT team in Manchester. Working in a relatively new software team, the role is to develop and extend SG’s Sports Betting platform, which is responsible for hosting sports betting applications developed by multiple vendors. The successful candidate will be working as part of a team responsible for developing all aspects of the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) from initial design, through to final release and support.
This role would suit an experienced Software Developer who wants to be part of a busy and exciting development team and who enjoys solving problems and developing headless software, which provides the interface between the peripherals and the sports betting experience.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development, particularly C++. A genuine interest in working with computer hardware and peripherals is also expected. We will provide cross-training on the job to Linux, where necessary.
- The candidate will be required to work with and develop the SSBT HAL.
- Maintain existing software for UK and International markets.
- Follow departmental procedures throughout the development process.
- Where necessary perform customer site visits (including the potential for some international travel).
Skills & Experience:
In addition to having a genuine passion for software development, a desire to learn new skills and techniques is also a major pre-requisite of this position. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related discipline.
- Solid C++ experience in an object oriented environment.
- A range of hardware device protocol experience (USB/RS232/RS485).
- Windows sockets (winsock) experience OR interfacing to hardware through low-level protocols such as RS232.
- Solid Multi-threaded application development.
- Significant professional experience covering full development life-cycle.
- Familiar with the concept of using source code control, for example Subversion and/or GIT.
- Knowledge of interfacing and creating web services (RESTful).
- Linux (ideally Ubuntu).
- Familiar with hardware communications for various peripherals such as Note acceptors, Hoppers and RFID readers.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits such as:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title search: Platform Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Solution Architect, Software Architect, C++, Linux, HAL, Objected Orientated, Multi-threading