Head of Delivery
Department / Function: Operations ~ Deployment
Location: London, UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Delivery to join SG Gaming, one of the leading players in the UK gaming market.
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 200 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
Based out of our Feltham office, the Head of Delivery manages a number of business critical teams and functions within the Operations Department. Primarily the role has overall accountability for the testing and deployment of new platform features and functionality alongside regular Games Content. The quality of what is being delivered must remain high and all updates must be delivered within expected and agreed time frames.
The majority of the workload comes from 3 main areas as below:
DEPLOYMENT – The Deployment team are the front line when it comes to the management of our machine estates and perform all updates and changes on the estate via a bespoke Machine Management Interface. This team accept requests from almost every area of the business and external customers.
TESTING – The Testing team currently consists of 18 Testers at various levels and a Test Manager. The team perform scripted testing on all products that go to our UK machine estates and some International testing. There is a proven structured approach to all testing with Platform updates going through 8 week test cycles and Games generally requiring a 3 week turnaround with an average of 2 test cycles within that period. There are various tools in place that aid with the management of the workload.
GAMES CONTENT – The delivery and scheduling of all new and updated Games are managed through a dedicated team of Content Managers. This will include project work on top of the standard BAU games pipeline and can at times require in excess of 100 games to be tracked and processed through Testing, Compliance and final UAT.
- Act as the leader and key ambassador for the department, readily promotes the team and the work being delivered.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with functional directors and senior managers as you will be jointly accountable for the success of product launches.
- Work closely with the Head of Product to ensure a good understanding of demand/needs which the delivery team will be required to fulfil.
- Identify and bring in the required skills and experience to manage the development and deployment of new products within an agile environment.
- Work with senior business colleagues to define their requirements and shape their strategic direction and plans.
- Act as a point of contact for all Escalation and Change Management as it relates to the Gaming Machine estates.
- Analyse all deployment schedules on a regular basis and ensure plans are achievable and do not pose any risk to the stability of the Customer estates.
- Approve and be accountable for all software updates to the machines and associated infrastructure including analysis of versioning and dependencies.
- Provide out of hours support to the business as required.
- Ensure, at all times, that relevant R&D teams are working on a prioritised list of issues to be resolved with production software versions.
- Create and maintain an excellent working relationship with our 3rd Party Software development partner.
- Provide expertise to the internal and external commercial teams on the feasibility of strategic objectives and associated timelines.
- Support the business by attending all requested Senior Management meetings and technical forums.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experienced leader in defining and delivering a vision for a large function
- Track record of managing delivery teams in a digital (agile and iterative) function
- Demonstrable knowledge of agile methodology and practices
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills
- Able to inspire and influence teams and senior management alike
- Good delegation and coaching skills - comfortable in empowering individuals and teams
- Ability to act quickly and decisively using good judgement in making decisions and performing tasks
- A broad understanding of application technology and systems
- Strong business acumen and good level of commercial awareness
- Expert at building business relationships internally and externally with partners and suppliers
- Passionate about developing digital products
- Driven and motivated to create a high performing delivery team that adapts, develops and grows through continuous feedback and improvement
- Professional qualifications, e.g. Prince, ITIL, Project Management
- Any experience in the gaming Industry would be advantageous due to the bespoke nature of the industry
- Expertise in business and process change
- This position requires an experienced people manager, ideally of managing large scale time critical teams and projects.
- The technologies have reached a mature level within the business and are therefore complex in their functionality so an ability to quickly learn and understand new technology and process flows is important.
- These teams are central to most of the activity within the business so ideally the candidate will have extensive experience of building strong and deep relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Extensive experience of leading and motivating teams with the successful delivery of major business critical programmes or a portfolio of projects.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.