Data Mining Analyst
Department / Function: Corporate ~ Yield Management
Location: London, UK
Headquartered in London, SG Gaming, a market leader in the UK gaming sector is looking for a talented Data Mining Analyst to join its Feltham based BI & Analytics Team. The primary focus of the team is to create a knowledge-driven culture across the organisation whereby all business decisions are made smarter and faster based on robust information.
Your main responsibilities will be to manage the data mining programme to deliver the maximum return on investment in the SPSS data mining toolset and design, test and deliver the data models to provide the required level of insight to meet requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with and be fully trained in market leading Data Modeller software (such as SPSS) and the role would ideally suit a Data Mining Analyst/Junior Data Scientist looking to take the next step in their career with a global (NASDAQ listed) corporation.
- Developing SPSS data models to analyse large amounts of data in order to provide significant insight over and above the information already available in the standard Business Intelligence solutions.
- Using SPSS data streams to provide information for regular reporting on various areas of the business as well as complex ad-hoc projects.
- High involvement in data manipulation and modelling for predictive analytics projects.
- Scoping the requirements for all data mining projects ensuring that there is a clear business case and actionable output for each project.
- In conjunction with the BI & Analytics Manager and Head of BI & Analytics, defining a structured programme of analysis to provide deep level insight into the player journey, behaviour and responses to different promotions and tactics as well as the release of new content.
- Managing a structured set of reports and processes to monitor and investigate income protection and compliance within the business.
- Presentation of insight and recommendations to both internal and external customers.
- Continual evaluation of new methods, tools and analyses to identify opportunities to grow revenue and to minimise risk.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with large volumes of transactional data using Business Intelligence tools/languages to convert data into actionable insight (e.g. SPSS, R, Python, SQL, Cognos, Business Objects, Oracle, Tableau, SSRS, Power BI, RapidMiner, Orange etc.).
- Excellent numeric skills and the ability to analyse, interpret and summarise trends/patterns in complex data sets.
- Advanced excel skills and ability to express complex output in simple terms using Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to identify priorities from a significant potential workload and to manage customer expectations positively and effectively.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a broad and diverse group of stakeholders from across the business and to influence key-decision makers.
- Confident, motivated and an excellent communicator (both written and verbal communication).
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and business acumen and the ability to perceive the requirements from a customer perspective and deliver a solution which is fit for purpose.
- Educated to degree level in an analytical discipline such as Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Statistics.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry in the UK and opportunities in international markets.
- Qualifications in advanced statistics
- Post graduate qualification or other specialist qualification.
- Previous experience of data mining tools such as SPSS in a high transaction volume environment and/or experience in statistical modelling.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: email@example.com
Title search: Junior Data Scientist/ Data Mining Analyst/Data Analyst/Data Scientist