Oracle Database Administrator
Department / Function: Technology ~ Database Administration
Location: London, UK
SG Gaming, a market leader in the betting and gaming sector is looking for a highly motivated and multifaceted Oracle DBA to be part of a proactive, responsive and customer focused corporate systems team, taking responsibility for the administration, maintenance, installation, monitoring and reporting of all Oracle databases.
SG Gaming is a truly innovative gaming company and market leader in its field, with technology at the forefront of its success. We employ more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and are supported by our global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
Being responsible for the delivery and technical support of Oracle database products, you will ensure our service meets the agreed standards, whilst providing input into the improvement of services and processes and the mitigation of risks associated with the environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with providing the full range of DBA services required in a complex, multi-database environment.
- Manage Oracle Database systems (versions 10g, 11g and 12c)
- Skilled in implementing database software updates and patches
- Skilled in performance tuning (database and SQL)
- Day to day monitoring of the Oracle database systems including daily checks
- Be familiar with writing and maintaining technical documentation that details system maintenance processes/procedures
- Develop and design database backup and recovery procedures
- Implement effective monitoring and error reporting strategies for Oracle database systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant Oracle DBA experience
- Proven commercial experience of Oracle 10g/11g/12c including
- The ability to write code in SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience in performing data analysis
- Knowledge of Enterprise Manager
- Knowledge of database backups (using RMAN, Import/Export, Data Pump)
- Knowledge of database performance tuning
- CPU Patching
- Knowledge of ASM
- Knowledge of Oracle Data warehouse design
- Understanding of coding and design standards
- Excellent communication and customer focus skills
- Reporting or Cognos experience.
- Linux and Windows Scripting.
- E Business suite experience.
- Knowledge of APEX applications
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits such as:
- Company bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Contribution based pension scheme
Title Search: Oracle DBA, Database Administrator, SQL DBA, PL/SQL DBA