Product Design Manager
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Design Manager to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Based out of our Chadderton office, the successful applicant will manage the activities of the engineering team in the design and development of mechanical/electromechanical solutions. The Engineering function is an established team focussing on the concept, design, manufacture and lifecycles of a multitude of hardware platforms for the UK LBO, Arcade and Bingo markets. The team mainly consists of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineers, technicians, project manager and QA/compliance.
The ideal candidate will be a manager with excellent understanding of electro-mechanical (multi-level) assemblies and BoM structures and be fully conversant within CAD (any discipline).
To coordinate the production of formal detailed designs
- Produce concepts & designs that satisfy the requirements, deliverables and constraints laid down in the Project Initiation Document.
- Produce design documentation that accurately conveys the design to other member of the Engineering group, internal stakeholders, nominated third parties and suppliers.
- Produce designs that conform to current and future Health and Safety and Compliance Standards.
- Manage the interface between the engineering department, and the companies Contract Manufacturers & key suppliers.
To implement and maintain designs
- Produce high quality, design concepts, prototypes models, and CAD data.
- Provide considered input to the project planning process and risk assessment.
- Maintain an up-to-date personal detailed plan of activities so that progress against plan can be tracked & corrective action taken if required.
- Work individually or within a team to the objectives and time-scales of the department & company.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Departments Design System
- Produce formal detailed requirement specifications
- Provide technical consultancy to the Head of Engineering
- Provide technical leadership on projects as required by the Project Manager
Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage teams working concurrently on multiple unrelated projects
- To take ownership of a product through its full lifecycle
- High level CAD abilities preferably in SolidWorks 2015
- Educated to HNC/HND in an Mechanical Engineering based discipline
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Working knowledge of BoM, ECO and general product housekeeping
- Good communication skills and ability to report progress to any level within the business
- Far Eastern Manufacture experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and electronics
- Understanding of PLM
- BSc level education in an engineering based discipline
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 200 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: email@example.com
Title search: Product Design Manager/Engineering Manager/CAD Designer/Technical Designer/CAD Engineer/CAD Technician/Mechanical Engineer