Software Deployment Analyst
Department / Function: Operations ~ Deployment
Software Deployment Analyst/Release Analyst/Database Reporting
SG Gaming, a market leader in the UK gaming industry, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Deployment Analyst to join our Feltham based Gaming Deployment team.
Reporting directly to the Deployment Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the testing, downloading and installing of custom software using bespoke tools to a machine estate of 25000+ devices. The tools you will use are bespoke to our business so full training will be provided.
The team is task driven with each team member assigned a set of tasks through JIRA which range from testing a single game update through to testing a full suite of games as part of our monthly deployment cycle. You will also be required to create various promotional activities within the system and assign marketing screens and animations to meet customer and marketing requests. A key element of the role is to ensure our estates are audited on a regular basis and that all correct software versions have been applied so an eye for detail is required to ensure any anomalies are spotted and actioned in a timely manner.
This role would ideally suit a sharp minded individual who is comfortable working with Excel at an intermediate level (v-look ups and pivot tables as a minimum) and who has experience of working with data base technologies and database reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively implementing and developing accurate database reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Accurately following control practices for changes to software and games, through to delivering efficient communication of all changes internally and externally.
- Working effectively within a team of deployment administrators, managing your individual tasks, whilst incorporating a solid working knowledge of the overall team objectives and goals.
- Effectively organise and follow through on the reporting and co-ordination of deployment activities efficiently, meeting set deadlines.
- Collaborate with marketing for the coordination of customer gaming machine promotions on a local, regional and national basis, liaising with internal and external colleagues on timescales, promotion content and duration.
- Perform game testing prior to release of new content to the estate and accurately document any issues encountered.
- Proactively and accurately follow SG Gaming processes and practices including gambling industry commission standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Good IT skills, intermediate Excel (minimum V-look ups and pivot tables).
- Experience of using some form of database technologies.
- Establish and maintain positive customer service relationships which will be mostly through telephone and email contact and ensure high expectations are being met.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet set deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse information.
- Proven team player with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- JIRA knowledge.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Knowledge and experience working in the gaming industry.
- Any knowledge of the development and testing cycle for large scale software deployments.
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 200 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: email@example.com