Apprentice Administration Assistant
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
We are currently seeking a Shipping Apprentice on a fixed term basis of 12 months, to join our busy Shipping department, based at our manufacturing site in Leeds. You will be providing a specialist function, supporting the outward shipment of our finished goods.
Duties are varied and will include
- Reviewing items to be shipped, destination, customer requirements and constraints, rates and timeliness of shipment and recommend the method of shipment
- Obtaining competitive cost quotations pertinent to the job as specified so that the best value service that is fit for purpose might be contracted
- Preparing all shipping documentation and invoicing to ensure that all practical and legal requirements are met
- Investigating causes of damage, shortages and freight overcharges and issue claims
- Maintaining a quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
- Reconciling freight invoices and investigate discrepancies
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements by enforcing company and governmental regulations
- Compile reports and liaise with the Accounts department to ensure that information is accurate, consistent and available by others to fulfil company requirements
- Undertaking general administrative duties such as scanning, filing etc. as is necessary to maintain an accurate and logical data trail
In order to be considered for this role, you must possess the following:
- The ideal candidate will be computer literate, with experience of word/excel packages.
- The ideal candidate will also possess a good standard of GCSEs, to include English Language and Mathematics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload when faced with conflicting deadlines.
This role is an ideal opportunity to gain strong administration experience, whilst working in a varied, fast-paced manufacturing environment. As well as a competitive salary other benefits include 26 days annual leave (pro-rata), and onsite car park.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: Hollie.Firth@scientificgames.com