Engineering Project Manager
Department / Function: Technology ~ Project Management
Hours: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Project Manager to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Based out of our Chadderton office the Engineering Project Manager will manage and deliver a range of engineering, supply chain and quality projects as part of a programme of work. They will be responsible for the end to end delivery including project evaluation, specification creation and close down/validation and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders including offshore contract manufacturing teams, key suppliers and vendors.
The role requires an experienced technical Project Manager from an engineering environment (either electrical or mechanical) who can work independently, delivering multiple projects with stakeholders to strict deadlines.
- Manage a range of concurrent projects for multiple customer accounts, both new and existing
- Works closely with stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and issue and maintain engineering specifications
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, milestone schedules, project estimates, cost evaluations and resource allocation plans
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) including issue identification, issue resolution, risk assessment, progress monitoring, stakeholder queries, supplier problems, BoM validation, documentation validation and third party interactions
- Manage project risks and issues and maintain relevant records for review with wider projects, delivery and account teams
- Coordinate and manage all communications across multiple departments (including the Account Management, Product Development, Product Management, Customer Support and Technology teams) related to client projects
Skills and Experience
- Extensive project management experience with an engineering background
- Hands-on experience in project planning, scheduling, resource allocation and issue management
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Experience in working in matrix managed organisations including the ability to influence indirect reports and stakeholders from other departmental teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities including balancing needs of disparate stakeholder groups
- Evidence of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and delivering projects on time and to the correct levels of quality
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally should the need arise
- A formal Project Management certification (e.g. Prince2, PMP)
- Experience of delivering customer facing hardware development projects
- Experience with JIRA and Agile development environments
- Experience of Oracle MRP environments
- Understanding of PLM and associated workflows
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 200 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org