Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
A vacancy has arisen for a Production Operative to join our manufacturing plant in Leeds. Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
Within this role, you will carry out all operations relating to the packaging of lottery scratch cards; with the primary goal of optimising the use of the packaging machinery whilst achieving maximum product quality.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Checking, sorting and packing lottery scratch cards.
- Performing and recording in-process tests required by the Quality System
- Ensuring that inspection systems are set up and used effectively.
- Completion of paperwork relating to the finishing function.
- Reporting any problems with the materials, quality, security or processes.
The ideal candidate will, be highly flexible in their approach with the ability to adapt to changes within their role and environment on a daily basis.
In order to be considered for this role you must:
- Have experience within a production operative role.
- Be willing to train and operate various pieces of machinery.
- Be able to communicate efficiently with others.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have the motivation to learn and progress.
- Be numerate and conscientious.
As well as a competitive salary other benefits include the pension scheme and onsite car park.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.