Senior Network Engineer
Department / Function: Technology ~ Network Operations Centre
Location: West London
Senior Network Engineer - CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, SNPA, CCSA, CCSP, NOC
SG Gaming, a market leader in the diversified gaming industry, is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the Feltham based NOC team. Main responsibilities will include assisting with the planning, evaluation and management of existing complex wide-area networks and the deployment and implementation of new network territories and services across the UK market.
Reporting to the Network Manager, the successful candidate must be able to manage a number of diverse technical environments, interoperate successfully with customers and business vendors and provide recommendations for change in resourcing necessary to maintain or expand service levels. The candidate shall provide highly skilled managerial and technical assistance in network planning, engineering and architecture.
The position is a technical, hands-on role in which the candidate will be able to implement solutions and support system level issues until resolution. The applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time supporting various network services and technologies. These include MPLS, Cable DSL, ADSL, Metro-Ethernet, SDH as well as a clear understanding of routing protocols and VPN services.
The candidate should be certified CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, SNPA, CCSA NGX, CCSP and an IT degree or equivalent is required.
- Manage multi-site, multi-country, multi-jurisdiction enterprise networks.
- Manage and maintain technical relationships with the customer and work closely with their technical resources.
- Create and maintain logical and rational network IT environments.
- Support field infrastructure and work to deliver client agreed work packages and objectives.
- Work closely with development processes and procedures to monitor, diagnose and solve critical network challenges in the field.
- Be responsible for maintaining stability of network communications, and analysing and solving network outages, or routing issues.
- Document network infrastructure and maintenance, strategy and methodology reports, guides and diagrams for dissemination to an internal and external audience.
- Define, collect, and publish network operations metrics and service level reports.
- Provide clear communication to all stakeholders, both technical and professional, and liaise directly with the international team, service operations, software development and internal IT teams.
- Must be willing to travel internationally.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant technical management experience within client facing environment.
- System and network monitoring and management analysis and process development experience.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of configuration and maintenance of the following devices required:
- Routers & Switches: Cisco 800, 1800, 2600, 2800 Nexus 5540 series, 4500 series, 4940 series, 3750 series, 3560 series, 2960 series, 500 series.
- PIX/ASA - Checkpoint: 505, 515E, ASA 5505, 5510,5520,5540,5550, 5585-SSP10 and Nokia IP350, IP380 IP390.
- Wireless: Cisco WLC and APs.
- Check Point.
- Cisco Call Manager, Juniper and HP experience would be desirable.
- Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support.
- Experience with cellular and wireless communications (GPRS/EDGE 3G, 802.11x).
- ADSL and DSL, Metro-Ethernet.
- Advanced knowledge of network configuration and design with CISCO networking devices.
- Project team participation.
- New technology awareness, research and system integration.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org