Head of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Electronics and Electrical Engineering to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 200 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
Based out of our Chadderton office and managing all aspects of the Technology Group and Supply Chain, the role requires a talented individual with strong leadership qualities who can both assess and manage complex technical situations involving teams both internally and externally through our suppliers and customers. The successful candidate must be experienced with all aspects of electronics technology used by the company and have the talent to communicate effectively at all levels as to how best that technology can be used.
The individual must also be comfortable working within a larger parent Group based in the USA and liaising with other senior technical resources within the Group so that SG Gaming is best represented.
- Lead the electronics and electrical aspects of the Technology Group to design, develop and manufacture products/solutions to an agreed Road Map that are seen as best in class in the Gaming Industry.
- Work with Product Development to ensure that the electronics/electrical elements of the agreed Road Maps is feasible and delivered with quality and on time.
- Contribute as required for the electronic/electrical element of Technology Group and Supply Chain’s OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
- Ensure the Technology Group establish the required standards and specifications for manufacture of products including costs, test procedures etc. in conjunction with the Supply Chain team.
- Contribute as part of the Senior Management Team and take responsibility for parts of SGs strategy as directed by the executive.
- Be responsible for ensuring all products comply with the relevant UK/USA/European legislation and that they are manufactured to be safe for use.
- Ensure operations are supported technically and take responsibility for identifying cause and resolving problems in operations when required.
- Develop resources to provide an environment that people can excel in that is exciting, rewarding and safe.
- Work off-site with customers as required, to ensure their products incorporate our parts correctly and are fit for purpose.
- Support the COO with regular updates and reports as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- BSc or BEng in a relevant discipline.
- Proven experience as a lead electronics designer/engineer in a similar industry.
- Familiar with all aspects of modern electronics/electrical development including EMC/EMI.
- Knowledge of pc development, OS BIOS, drivers and the latest electronic trends.
- Ideally first-hand experience of a Far East Supply Chain and its management.
- Knowledge of budgets and reporting on spends etc.
- Excellent communication and cross-team coordination skills. Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: email@example.com