Product Introduction Manager
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Product Development
Location: Feltham (West London)
SG Gaming, a market leader in the UK retail gaming sector, is seeking a Product Introduction Manager to join its Feltham based Product Management team. The primary focus of this role is ensuring that SG implement new product trials and rollouts in a manner that maximises the benefit to the player, our customers (retailers) and SG Gaming.
Working with our internal teams the Product Introduction Manager will manage the process of taking newly developed products and product features and ensuring that SG delivers them to our customers in a structured manner. This role also works closely with our Business Intelligence team to ensure that all trials are designed and executed in a way that allows SG to measure the success of the trial and make recommendations for future product development.
The Product Introduction Manager also spends time in customer sites to ensure that they have an expert understanding of the marketplace. This will include reviewing competitor products and working with the wider Product and Account Management teams to ensure that the SG Product Roadmap enhances our already industry leading position.
Product Introduction Process
- Delivering an agreed product introduction process.
- Ensuring that representatives from all internal departments are engaged in the launch of new functionality and deliver any requirements to assist launches.
- Working with the Product Owners and Business Intelligence team to ensure that all trials are designed in a manner that allows SG to prove or disprove the original business case for that product.
- Working with the Account Management teams to assist (both face to face with customers and also indirectly) with any customer communication and education for new product launches.
Internal Team Engagement
- Delivering monthly face-to-face and written updates to internal teams to provide information on current and upcoming trials.
- Working with the QA teams to act as part of the interim and final sign offs for new product development.
- Help design the roadmap of items that will enable SG Gaming’s continued industry leadership.
Product Launch Materials
- Training our customers on new products. This will include both the design and delivery of training materials and workshops.
- Working with marketing to create customer facing manuals and deliver requirements for advertising and promotional materials for new product launches.
- Acting as the voice of the business and our customers during product development and stabilisation (QA).
Marketplace and Competition
- Spending significant time in our customer’s sites and also in competitor sites. They act as the central point of co-ordination for our market/competitor knowledge.
- Deliver a monthly report detailing new product introduction in our key market sectors (LBO, Bingo, Casino, Arcades).
- Working with the Product, Finance and Account Management teams to deliver a pricing proposition that is competitive based on market intelligence and identifies opportunities based on current gaps in the market.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Evidence of working within fast moving, deadline driven processes – particularly within retail environments
- Strong analytical skills – demonstrated either through work experience or evidence from academic activities
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision to deliver high quality work in a timely manner
- Evidence of either Project Management experience, or a structured approach to managing multiple simultaneous work streams/projects
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of introducing new products to retail environments
- Experience of working in a B2B environment
- A formal Project Management qualification would be an advantage but is not essential
- Gaming, Leisure or Retail background
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs over 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: email@example.com