Service Systems & Reporting
Department / Function: Operations ~ Helpdesk
This role is responsible for the day to day administration of the end to end Service Management application to cater for all Service and Stock activities within the business and other internal Operations systems used for call logging, reporting, task allocation and assignment. The role will also involve an element of User Acceptance Testing when new functionality is being introduced. The successful candidate will liaise with almost all departments in the business including Programme Management, Software Deployment and Testing, Field Operations, Helpdesk among others so is both a key and active position.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with systems.
- Analysing report extracts and producing staff utilisation information.
- Liaising with Systems owners and various support functions to assist recovery in the event of a failure.
- Ensuring all escalation documentation is up to date and relevant.
- Provide advice to various department on reporting and functionality queries.
- Recreating system issues and escalating to the relevant team.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Functional and acceptance testing.
- Providing support to and communicating with other SGG departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A good understanding of software and a proven ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Experience using different defect tracking and management tools;
- Computer literate, with excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, or as part of a team to deliver high quality work in a timely manner;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and to tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of JIRA application.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the gaming industry.
- Working knowledge of the Astea Service Management application.
- Knowledge of databases and their use in Service applications.
- SQL knowledge desirable but not essential.