Network Engineer - CCNA
Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
Location: Manchester, UK
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri
Based out of our Manchester (Chadderton) office, SG Gaming is seeking a Network Engineer to assist with the planning, evaluation and management of existing and new networks and territories. It is essential that you are a certified CCNA or CCNA Voice and ideally you will be CCNP or CCNP Voice or CCSA NGX qualified too.
The position is a technical, hands-on role in which the candidate will be able to implement solutions and support system level issues until resolution. The successful applicant will spend a considerable portion of their time supporting various network services and technologies. These include MPLS, Cable DSL, ADSL, Metro-Ethernet, SDH, routing protocols and VPN services. The candidate must be able to manage a number of diverse technical environments, interoperate successfully with customers and business vendors and provide recommendations necessary to maintain or expand service levels.
- Manage multi-site enterprise networks.
- Manage and maintain technical relationships with the customer and work closely with their technical resources.
- Create and maintain logical and rational network IT environments.
- Support field infrastructure and work to deliver client agreed work packages and objectives.
- Utilise and develop processes and procedures to monitor, diagnose and solve critical network challenges in the field.
- Be responsible for maintaining the stability of network communications, and analysing and solving network outages, or routing issues.
- Define, collect, and publish network operation metrics and service level reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- System and network monitoring experience required.
- Good understanding of subnets and ip address allocation.
- Client facing experience required.
- Hands-on knowledge of configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and ideally firewalls.
- Experience with cellular and wireless communications (GPRS/EDGE 3G, 802.11x).
- Good knowledge of routing protocols and ports.
- Knowledge of OSI Model, Wireshark and Tcpdump.
- Metro-Ethernet experience.
- Software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support.
- MPLS configuration knowledge.
- Cisco ASA, Check Point, Juniper and HP.
- F5 experience.
- Cisco Call Manager & Data Centre knowledge.
SG Gaming employs more than 550 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.
To submit your CV, please click on apply or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title Search: CCNA/CCNP/Network Engineer/NOC Engineer/Network Analyst/Network Security