QA Integration Test and Configuration Engineer
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Hours: Full time
Scientific Games Interactive, a world leader in igaming solutions to the global gaming industry is looking to add to its Platform Team. This role can be based in Manchester or West London.
As an Integration Test and Configuration Engineer, you will have a QA mindest but enjoy rolling your sleves up and working with everything from configuration files, testing configurations and systems on customer websites and portals, working directly with customer technical staff, and ensuring the quality of our integrations to customers before our games are released live to the general public.
You will be working with our client and server side partner adapter layers for our Real Money gaming platform. These layers allow SGi systems to communicate with customer gaming systems. This role will provide the opportunity to learn from coworkers and internal training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Onboarding customers, ensuring that their questions are answered, tests are passed, games play, transactions are recorded. Providing any other assistance as required to get a customer live.
- Configuration work as required to meet bespoke requirements of larger customers or regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for 3rd line support of existing and newly developed interfaces when appropriate.
- Cross team and cross function work, with internal and customer-based teams in and around the UK, Europe, India and the USA.
Here are a few general areas of focus for this role:
- Basic Java development and configuration (Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Hibernate)
- Linux Platform experience (Scripting, logfiles)
- Front end technologies (HTML5, HTTP )
- Build tools (GIT, Jenkins, Maven,)
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Rundeck)
- Hosting (EC2, VMWare)
- Platform as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, CoreOs)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Quality assurance, basic Java & other Linux system skills
- Basic experience working with web services (REST and older web services)
- Experience in Linux, GIT, Java
- Experience working with distributed agile technical and non-technical groups across an organization
- Good communication skills are paramount for this role.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.