Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Department / Function: Operations ~ Facilities
As a Light and Wonder EH&S Specialist you will support the Senior Manager and wider Global Enviromental Health & Safety team to ensure the company is fully compliant with health and safety law and best practice standards.
This new role is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in health and safety to influence current processes and procedures. You will take an active and visible role providing health and safety support throughout LNW UK and EMEA locations. You will provide advice, guidance and safety training to colleagues, promote internal safety programs and conduct health and safety Inspections and audits.
The role will primarily be based at our warehouse facility in Chadderton with some travel to other LNW locations required and own vehicle required, locations include Bristol, Manchester & London.
Light & Wonder is the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment. The company brings together 5,000 employees from six continents to connect content between land-based and digital channels with unmatched technology and distribution. Guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, Light & Wonder builds new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. Light & Wonder is committed to the highest standards of integrity, from promoting player responsibility to implementing sustainable practices. To learn more, visit lnw.com.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Training, support and career development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Maintain a working knowledge of EHS legislation and any developments that affect LNW core business functions.
- Develop and carry out risk assessments and compile safe systems of work.
- Carry out regular inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Carry out health and safety training and toolbox talks.
- Work with managers to ensure all staff are suitably trained for tasks being carried out and training is up to date.
- Review and maintain COSHH documentation.
- Follow up on concerns raised by the completion of DSE assessments for office and home-based employees
- Carry out investigations to identify root causes of any incidents, accidents or near misses
- Any other duties deemed as necessary by management.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Good knowledge of H&S legislation
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Health and Safety role is preferred
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and take on new challenges
- Ability to implement change
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work independently
- Driving Licence