IT Infrastructure Engineer
Department / Function: Technology ~ Internal IT
Working within the IT Infrastructure team and closely with other business units you will be a strong communicator and quickly understand the needs of the business to ensure the infrastructure is underpinned with the best technologies and processes. The role will be a balance between project and business as usual (BAU) work. There is a significant number of ongoing integration projects as part of a series of acquisitions and mergers.
Ideally the successful would be based in and around our France office in Nice however we would also consider candidates who could work from our offices in Spain, Malta and Greece.
Essential Job Functions:
- Optimisation and Administration of Active Directory Environments.
- Optimisation and Administration of VMware/NetApp Infrastructure.
- Administration of Microsoft server platforms - 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019 servers.
- Administration of Amazon Web Services platform AWS and Microsoft Azure services.
- Administration of Office 365 platform.
- Work on and lead projects as business requirements evolve
- Assist with the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches.
- Develop scripts or tools for automating administrative tasks.
- Provide weekly status reports of work-related activities.
- Interact with users as a second level of escalation to the service desk
- Identify procedures that can be enhanced for increase efficiency.
- Handle incidents and support requests via JIRA and/or as assigned by department manager.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education:
University degree preferred or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Experience in a similar technical position
- Experience in IT projects related to large company acquisitions/mergers would be desirable
- VCP/MCSE/AWS certifications would be beneficial
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Strong Active Directory and Group Policy configuration and troubleshooting expertise
- Strong Knowledge of SCCM administration, optimisation and upgrades
- Office 365 administration experience
- Understanding of core networking and authentication technologies (DHCP, DNS, IPv4, PKI, Enterprise Certificate Authorities etc)
- VMware 6.5, 6.7 design, implementation, optimisation and upgrade experience
- Experience with NetApp and/or other Storage Area Network solutions e.g. HP/IBM
- Experience with backup technologies e.g. Veeam/Commvault
- Experience with network monitoring platforms (e.g. PRTG, Cacti, Nagios, Zabbix). Diagnosing and troubleshooting alerts
- Excellent understanding of server architecture design techniques, principles & practice
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Bash, Python) would be beneficial
- Hybrid working (Remote and office based)
- Must be willing and able to travel, work after hours and weekends as required (estimated travel < 10%).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.