Department / Function: Corporate ~ HR
Light & Wonder (formerly SG Gaming) are currently recruiting for a HR Generalist to join our growing HR team to help execute improvements and our long term HR Strategy to best support our #Creators!
Welcome to the world of land-based gaming. Light & Wonder's gaming team builds cutting-edge technology, products, and content for the most iconic casinos and operators across the globe.
The purpose of the role is to provide proactive general Human Resources support and perspectives to the business with an emphasis on building a highly productive culture. Support is primarily provided in the talent aquisition, employee relations and administration of benefits and compensation programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- First point of contact for employees on all HR related matters
- Responsible for answering and managing the HR email inbox, providing information on general employment matters, HR policies, procedures and benefits in a timely, efficient and friendly manner, or triaging out to relevant colleague where applicable.
- Production of documentation relating to the entire employee lifecycle including contract generation, probation pass letters, changes to T&Cs, reference requests and termination of employment letters etc.
- Update and maintain the HRIS, electronic employee record systems to ensuring that employee data is accurate and up to date
- Management of onboarding and leaver processes including presenting the HR induction and conducting exit interviews
- Managing the monthly payroll, including collating and data entry of new starters, leavers, overtime, employee benefits, salary sacrifice schemes, loans, advances, maternity and paternity leave for submission.
- Recording and tracking absences on our systems.
- Support HR colleagues on ER casework, supporting at meetings, taking accurate notes and producing related documentation
- Assist in the administration of benefits, childcare and eyecare vouchers
- Suggest improvements and updates to processes in line with best practice and statutory obligations
- Support with the update of policies.
- Any other HR administration and HR project work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. Equivalent experience or qualification may be considered in lieu of degree
- Relevant and proven experience as an HR Coordinator or Specialist
- Experience in implementation or superuser in HRIS environment i.e Workday
- Multi country experience in HR practices and proceseses
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong organization Skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpersonal and influence skills in dealing with all levels of employees and management and is effective at developing credibility
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Embrace multi-cultural environment
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work under pressure within established time constraints, meet deadlines and objectives, and proactively take a customer service approach to activities
- Possess a team-oriented approach and the desire to help in other Human Resource areas as required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required and other HR information systems (Oracle or Workday preferred)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Training, support and career development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square.
We'll offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.