IT Support Analyst
Department / Function: Corporate ~ Corporate
Light & Wonder is the global leader in cross-platform games and entertainment. The company brings together 5,000 employees from six continents to connect content between land-based and digital channels with unmatched technology and distribution. Guided by a culture that values daring teamwork and creativity, Light & Wonder builds new worlds of play, developing game experiences loved by players around the globe. The company’s OpenGaming(tm) platform powers the largest digital-gaming network in the industry. Light & Wonder is committed to the highest standards of integrity, from promoting player responsibility to implementing sustainable practices. To learn more, visit lnw.com.
Working within the IT team and closely with other business units you will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. We have 2 distribution facilities located in North Manchester and the main office located in Spinningfields, Central Manchester, the role will involve travel to these sites.
Essential Job Functions:
Provide 1st / 2nd / 3rd level remote or face to face IT support services for the Group, acting as an interface between the IT department and user community including:
- End-User IT Support for workplaces including Windows/Unix/Mac desktops/laptops, printers, IP Phones, smartphones etc.
- Installation, routine maintenance and management of end-user computing devices (desktop, laptop, smartphone and tablet devices); this includes imaging and keeping them up-to-date with management tools
- Fulfil User Account Management requests, including Access Card Management
- Management of local communication and collaboration channels (PBX, Fixed & Data Lines, VoIP, A/V Equipment etc.)
- PBX & IP Telephony end–user support: Create new extension numbers, configure IP phone devices, configure softphones etc.
- Maintain the proper operation of Training / Meeting rooms
- Liaising with System & Network Administrators for the management & maintenance of LnW Manchester Offices infrastructure including Servers, Network, Storage & Data Center facility.
- Maintain the asset database and hardware inventory for Manchester Office; Manage stock of IT Equipment and maintain Lifecyle Management
- Perform the IT Induction to newcomers
- Efficient implementation of changes to services, technologies and processes (IT Projects / IT Tasks)
- Preparation and maintenance of technical procedural documents and FAQ's for both IT staff and user community
- Follow up IT Service Management procedures such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Configuration Management, Change Management
- Experience supporting Executive Stakeholders
- All other duties as assigned.
- System Administration / Service Desk experience.
- Technical/Computing undergraduate degree and/or Certifications in technology fields (e.g. Microsoft) will be considered a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience of operating system administration (Windows OS / Ubuntu / Mac OS)
- Strong Knowledge of PC hardware
- Strong knowledge and experience with most aspects of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory & Domain Architecture, Network topologies, TCP/IP networks, VPN connections)
- Good Knowledge of Group policy, Puppet as configuration management tools and Encryption
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft O365 platform and CISCO VC solutions will be considered a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including fluency in oral and written English.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Focus on delivery and high tolerance in working under pressure
- Office environment
- Must be willing and able to travel, work after hours and weekends as required (estimated travel < 10%).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.