Department / Function: Corporate ~ Finance
Light & Wonder's creators are it's most valuable asset.
We create content, hardware and systems that connect iconic titles across any place or channel. By turning games into expansive entertainment, we keep thrilling players with characters and stories they can't get enough of.
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to work within the Digital Accounting Team. The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for producing timely, accurate financial reports and will help deliver strategic projects relating to divestments, integrations of new acquisitions and entity rationalisation.
- Completion of month end postings, reconciliations and reports to a demanding timeframe
- Preparation of monthly management accounts together with supporting schedules and management information
- Balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of queries – ensuring the balance sheet remains “clean” and all issues and opportunities are identified and resolved
- Liaison with internal budget holders and other key stakeholders on management results and the commercial impact of divisional performance
- Review the accounting treatment of new contracts
- Input into the monthly forecasts and annual budget processes as required
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts, tax compliance and audit schedules
- Work with external advisors and internal corporate functions such as tax, audit and treasury
- Adherence to policies and procedures, including SOX framework
- Other duties that may be required from time to time including ad hoc project work
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP BO & Hyperion
- IFRS, US GAAP and European GAAP experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Part-Qualified finance professional
- Previous experience of working in a large finance team
- Thorough approach to work
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft office packages; Outlook, Word and Excel
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Supported with Learning & Development, study and professional qualifcation (s)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Flexible working office hours
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square.
This role can work hybrid between home and the office on a 3 days office 2 days home pattern so please discuss what flexibility means to you at your interview.