Field Service Technician - Newcastle
Department / Function: Field Based Technicians ~ Field Based Engineers
Light & Wonder (formerly SG Gaming) are currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician to cover our customer sites across the Newcastle & Cumbria region. Field Service Techs are responsible for the service, installation and repair of betting and gaming terminals.
As a Field Service Technician you will ensure all of our customers receive the highest possible service standards and provide full instruction and on-going training whenever necessary to customers. Our Service Engineers are also responsible for assisting in the development of customer service procedures and continuingly improving the quality of the service we provide.
The role will cover North East, mainly Newcastle & Cumbria based but other parts as when required.
The role covers a key area of our business so with that in mind the role requires you to work 40 hours per week on a rolling 5 days out of 7 days working pattern. You will be provided with a company van, mobile phone and tablet and all other relevant equipment and tools needed.
- To ensure all new shops installations are of the highest standard.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the removal of equipment from customers premises.
- Maintain good customer relationships with all shop staff and provide basic operating procedures also event instruction and any information on new software / hardware.
- To maintain all shops during service calls and preventive maintenance visits in accordance.
- Carry out shop visits and maintenance on an on-going regular basis as instructed by you Line Manager.
- Log any concerns, incidents and feedback from customers.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working within a technical role, ideally within the gaming / electronics field or IT sector.
- A passion for technology and the desire and ability to learn new systems.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Clear and confident communication skills.
- Good time keeping and the ability to work to targets.
- A full UK driving license.
- Applicants with little experience, but relevant qualifications may also be considered.
You may have experience of the following: Field Service Technician, Field Engineer, Electronics Field Service Engineer, IT Support, Electronics Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Technical Support, Installation Engineer, IT Trainer, Field Service Customer Engineer.
Light & Wonder employs more than 350 people across three offices in the UK and is part of a global company which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.