Procurement and Supply Chain Apprentice
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Location: Chadderton, Manchester
This position supports the Purchasing team in their effective delivery of the Procurement strategy for the Gaming Division of Light & Wonder.
To understand business challenges and requirements by working in collaboration with other team members across all regions. Support the Procurement team in their day to day tasks with regards to Far East supplier management. This will be delivered with particular focus on supplier performance, development of processes and stakeholder engagement.
You will contribute to the success of the organisation by delivering effective Procurement and Supply Chain support by providing value added activity, driving efficiencies, enhancing performance, maximizing value for money and supporting the end to end processes in place to ensure our customers get their goods on time and in full.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Training, support and career development through the Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working
Our Head Office & Warehouse facilities are in Chadderton, Oldham.
We'll offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
- Working in collaboration with Operations team members, ensure appropriate solutions are identified, developed and implemented maintaining consistency, standardisation and reducing complexity where possible.
- Particular focus on identifying key areas to drive efficiencies in workload and processes.
- Commodity tracking and reporting to support price increase/ decrease negotiations.
- Supporting the Purchasing team members in their administration duties, meeting attendance and assisting with reporting/ data presentation.
- Support our best-practice procurement processes, to create a more efficient strategic plan and maximise value/performance.
- Assist in building effective supply chain relationships in order to leverage spend, reduce cost, mitigate commercial and legal risk and add value.
- Supplier performance tracking.
- Monitor and track transportation shipments from factory collection to warehouse door.
- Other duties not limited to the above.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Data analysis and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills particularly data and presentations.
- Strong organisation and co-ordination skills are essential.
- Excellent personal credibility with effective persuasion and influencing skills.
- Reliable, positive and professional can do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, matrix, multi cultural and changing environment.
- Accountable for ensuring accuracy and quality of work.
- To interact well and respect people from all disciplines to accomplish a task or goal.
Key Contacts / Relationships: (Internal & External)
- Team members/Colleagues in Procurement and Operations
- All suppliers of both direct and indirect products.
- UK & EMEA colleagues not limited to Sales, Finance, Legal, HR and Operations