Senior Software Engineer - Unity/C#
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
We are offering the chance to join a leading developer of real money gaming to the UK and global gaming sectors that creates successful titles such as Rainbow Riches®. The role allows working as part of a creative team where you can take ownership from start to finish, develop your skills and knowledge, progress your career, and are supported by experienced gaming sector professionals.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer that produces high-quality code and is qualified to degree level in a relevant subject with previous experience in 2D/3D UNITY based video games programming. You will need to support and mentor other team members and have a genuine interest in all things gaming and entertainment.
Our team, based in Manchester, of over sixty highly skilled developers, game designers, graphic artists, and quality assurance engineers, is part of Scientific Games, a Nasdaq-listed global entertainment company with over 8,500 employees worldwide.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Training, support and career development
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square. We'll offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
Ideal candidate skills and experience:
- Strong C#/.NET knowledge in an object-oriented environment
- Commercial game development experience utilising the UNITY game engine is highly desirable
- Experience of graphic performance optimisation is desirable
- Understanding of C/C++ development is not necessary but would be a plus
- Experience with the application of software design patterns
- Good understanding of statistical math
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in source control practices and fault tracking systems
- Ability to follow coding standards and release procedures
- Project planning and delivery of software to timelines
- Mentorship of other team members and ability to code review other developments
- Ability to assist in the production of team guiding software to improve quality
- Knowledge of the gambling industry is an advantage