Department / Function: Corporate ~ Corporate
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist who will support our Payroll team. The successful individual will be responsible for the processing payroll transactions across a number of EMEA countries. The role reports directly to the Payroll Manager.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we continue to develop and review our reward package to your needs.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com)). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square. We'll offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
The ideal candidate will be confident in dealing with any individuals within Scientific Games Group and with external contacts.
- Analysis and data collection to support payroll input for up to 12 countries across EMEA
- Liaise with outsourced payroll providers in countries throughout Europe to process monthly foreign payrolls
- Processing of all elements of payroll and benefits
- Reporting requirements for internal and tax purposes as required
- Accurate recording and reporting of SOX controls
- Management of payroll payments to ensure the accurate and timely payment to employees
- Management of payroll tax and social security payments
- Adherence to policies and procedures, including SOX framework
- Key point of contact for Staff who have payroll queries. Ensuring all employee and finance queries are responded to in a timely and accurate manner
- Work closely with HR Team to ensure that monthly changes are actioned in payroll.
- Other duties that may be required from time to time
Qualities for success in role:
- Able to follow detailed instructions accurately
- A team player who is happy to work in an environment of mutual support
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time
- Able to bring energy and enthusiasm
- Flexible and willing to assist where required
- Approachable in nature and able to work well with non-financial areas of the business
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service
- Good attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in a large finance team
- Good telephone manner
It's not essential but we also use systems such as ADP and Oracle so previous experience would be desirable. We also support other countries in the SG Group so any additional languages would be advantageous.