Senior Software Engineer C++
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Location: Greater Manchester
Hours: Full time
Do you have C++ experience and want to use your skills and creativity to make games that are played across the world? Then join our team, and take the next step in your career.
We are offering the chance to join a leading developer of real money gaming to the UK and global gaming sectors that creates successful titles such as Rainbow Riches®. The role allows working as part of a creative team where you can take ownership from start to finish, develop your skills and knowledge, progress your career, and are supported by experienced gaming sector professionals.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer that produces high-quality code and is qualified to degree level in a relevant subject with previous experience in a similar role. You will need to support and mentor other team members and have a genuine interest in all things gaming and entertainment.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Training, support and career development
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square. We'll offer a hybrid working pattern between the office and home and different ways to work flexibly so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
Our team, based in Manchester, of over sixty highly skilled developers, game designers, graphic artists, and quality assurance engineers, is part of Scientific Games, a Nasdaq-listed global entertainment company with over 8,500 employees worldwide.
Ideal candidate skills:
- Strong C/C++ skills in an object-oriented environment.
- Good understanding of statistical math.
- Experience in source control practices and fault tracking systems.
- Ability to follow coding standards and release procedures.
- Knowledge of the gambling industry is an advantage.
- Project planning and delivery of software to timelines.
- Mentorship of other team members and ability to code review other developments.
- Commercial Game Development experience is desirable.