Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Department / Function: Technology ~ QA
Location: Manchester City Centre
Light & Wonder (formerly SG Gaming) has an exciting opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join the Content Quality Assurance team based in Manchester City Centre.
Working closely with the development team, and under the mentorship of a senior SQA engineer you will be responsible for testing games at a system test level through to release.
The Content Quality Assurance team is responsible for the testing and release of games into UAT for both UK and international markets. The team also manage game submissions into an external test house for compliance approval. This position would suit a candidate who enjoys being part of a busy team, is highly motivated, is a team player and strives for success to ensure games are released which are the very best.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Access to Reward Hub, a reward platform offering shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Flexible working office hours
- Cycle to work scheme
We're currently working from Chadderton, Oldham but will move to a new premises at XYZ Building, Spinningfields in Central Manchester later this year. More information about the building can be found here (The XYZ Building - Spinningfields (spinningfieldsonline.com). We will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd/Victoria & Piccadilly train station (s) and tram stops such as Deansgate/Castlefield and St Peter's Square.
This role can work hybrid between home and the office on a 3 days office 2 days home pattern so please discuss what flexibility means to you at your interview.
- Execute test cases, reporting defects to the developer for a fix to be applied
- Perform regression testing when defects are fixed
- Setup and maintenance of test environments
- Provide daily updates to Content Quality Assurance Manager on testing progress
- Participate in exploratory game play sessions, identify test scenarios, and write new test cases if required
- Ensure software releases conform to defined game standards and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a similar Quality Assurance role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiar using bug tracking tools (Mantis/Jira)
- Experience using QA Management tools (Qtest/Test Rail)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Previous experience working within the games industry is desirable but not essential