Warehouse Operatives (Double Day Shift)
Department / Function: Operations ~ Warehouse
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
We have recently upgraded our printing operation, installing a brand new 20 unit, in-line flexographic press which is capable of printing 700mm wide at a rate of 300 metres per minute. This investment allows us to serve more customers than ever before.
We are currently recruiting a number of Warehouse Operatives on a double day shift pattern, to work within our busy warehouse team.
Your main responsibilities will include ensuring goods are packed and dispatched on time as per the delivery schedule while maintaining a safe and clean work environment at all times.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure all incoming raw materials and deliveries are checked, processed, and distributed/stored in a timely manner.
- Responsibility to ensure press and finishing lines are provided with raw materials in a timely manner.
- Packing and processing finished pallets as per the job specification and stored using the barcode system.
- Picking and labelling of pallets in preparation for despatch.
- Loading of finished pallets onto trailers in line with the company’s procedures.
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the warehouse including waste processing, storage and destruction.
- Operation of Forklift Trucks.
The ideal candidate must also possess the following:
- Previous experience gained within a busy stores/ warehouse environment within a fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- The capacity to work on your own initiative and with minimum supervision.
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck licence is desirable although not essential as full training will be offered to the successful candidate.
Double Day shift (37.5 hours per week)
£24,930.70 per annum (this includes 25% shift premium for working the double day shift pattern).
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Alternate early (0600-1330) and late (1330-2100) shift pattern.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.