QA Test Engineer
Department / Function: Technology ~ Testing
Location: Green Lane, Hounslow
Hours: 35 hours per week
SG Gaming is seeking a QA Test Engineer to join our Testing team based in Green Lane, West London.
SG Gaming is a leading gaming provider operating more than 18,000 machines and systems in over 4000 venues worldwide including the UK, Europe and Latin America. As part of our parent company, Scientific Games, SG Gaming was established in the late 1990’s, and pioneered the introduction of Fixed Odd Betting Terminals to the UK’s Licensed Betting Offices.
The QA department consists of close to 20 test professionals (Test Leads, Senior Testers and Test Engineers) who take responsibility for ensuring the best quality of products for our end customers. Testing focuses on new and updated game content for different terminals/customers, and on updates (new functionality and fixes) to the platform software provided by our close partners. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with industry recognized tools, to be a part of all planned improvements for the team, and to be offered opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day testing of gaming products, being new/updated game content or platform updates. Most of the work will involve following detailed test cases that focus on the functional, usability, performance and compliance sides of the product, and on reporting issues found in a clear manner.
The candidate will take responsibility, with the rest of the team, for improving the testing and work we do, by being involved in process or test improvements. These can range from updating our functional test cases, developing our test automation strategy, or trialing a new test tool. These will take into account the candidate’s strengths and interests, and offer great opportunities for team work, innovation and personal development.
- Running functional, performance, usability and compliance tests for UK and International gaming products, and for updates to the platform software.
- Finding and reporting issues on game software being tested in a clear an accurate manner.
- Updating test cases or suggesting new cases when relevant to do so.
- Completing ad-hoc tasks from requests made to the QA team (e.g. reproducing field issues).
- Highlighting improvements to our testing and work processes.
- Providing support to other SG Gaming departments, as needed.
- Completing other testing tasks as assigned by the Test Lead or Senior Tester.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Testing of games or gaming products.
- Running functional, usability and performance tests on different projects.
- Updating test scripts/plans with additional test cases, or creating them from scratch.
- Bug tracking software, and reporting issues in a clear manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving/ analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- Computer literate, with excellent working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work on his own with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility, able to complete all manner of different test tasks as needed.
- Ability to learn quickly (product functionality and test tools), and retain knowledge.
Desirable (not essential):
- Using Test Management tools.
- Knowledge of test automation and automation tools.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail.
- Understanding and awareness of UK compliance and gaming commission legislation.
SG Gaming is a thriving UK enterprise that offers exciting career prospects in all areas of our business. As an innovator in the UK Gaming sector, we provide an exciting place to work in a variety of areas. SG Gaming is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation, a Nasdaq-listed company which employs over 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. We pride ourselves on developing and training our staff to stay at the forefront of the industry.