SQA Test Analyst
Department / Function: Technology ~ Testing
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Test Analyst to join our team in Manchester. Are you passionate about testing? Do you thrive working in a fast paced, vibrant environment? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
SG Gaming, a division of Scientific Games Corporation, is a leading provider of gaming solutions for the licensed betting office, arcade and bingo sectors in the UK. Working in partnership with our customers we deliver leading content and technology that helps to drive cash box performance for operators. As a supplier of hardware solutions across gaming and sports betting we offer unparalleled service and support throughout the UK.
Based in the Manchester regional hub, the R & D department is responsible for the design, development and testing of products and systems to meet the needs of the SG Gaming business. Consisting of project management, requirements analysis, software engineering and SQA functions, it is responsible for the complete software development cycle.
Reporting into the R&D Team Lead, this is a hands-on testing role which covers planning and executing tests predominantly on the software and hardware in our test lab. Ensuring SG Gaming delivers world class software solutions to support our business and customers.
The main activities include:
- Preparation & Execution of test plans, test scenarios, scripts and data requirements.
- Work as part of internal and external test team in accordance with the schedule and quality requirements.
- Liaise with developers, other departments and third parties to help resolve issues.
- Participate in sessions to gather requirements, technical details, report defects & progress.
- Preparation of test scripts to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition under test and the expected results.
- Prepare and maintain regression test suite, ensuring continuous update.
- Investigation into the implementation of Automation Testing.
- Execute test cases and report progress on regular basis.
- Record and track descriptive and reproducible defects and verify fixes.
- Work closely with the development team to resolve defects.
- Participate actively in general QA team activities, including test environment support, test process improvement and quality audits.
- You will adhere to internal schedules; working proactively to identify any obstacles and bringing them to the attention of the line manager.
- You will support other team members to ensure the collective objective of the team is achieved.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
In addition to having a genuine passion for software testing, a desire to learn new skills and techniques is also a major pre-requisite of this position. The candidate must demonstrate a good level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software testing.
- At least 2 years hands on experience in a test assurance role.
- Demonstrable experience of performing test assurance activities.
- Estimation of project test effort.
- Have a deep understanding of the phases of the testing lifecycle and success criteria.
- Experience of writing and maintaining testing scripts.
The successful candidate will be an established Test Analyst looking for a move to a global, fast paced retail business. The candidate will have strong analytical skills and an eye for detail. With experience testing complex technology estates, ideally in high growth software or e-commerce businesses.
Candidate qualities will include;
- Experience testing software in a technical environment.
- Experience in bug tracking tools (Jira, QTest, etc.) and Collaboration tools (Confluence, Teams, etc.)
- Good understanding of multiple delivery methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, with one to two week iterations.
- Experience with automated testing.
- High Level understanding of technology environments, networks, integration and software development.
- Analysis of functionality delivered vs. business requirement.
- Knowledge of quality management (internal, UAT, production).
- Certification in ISEB or BCS/ISTQB.
- Working knowledge/exposure to C++, C#, SQL.
- Knowledge of interfacing to web services using SOAP, XML, WCF and JSON.
- Experience of using source code control, for example GIT.
SG Gaming employs more than 400 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. In return for their efforts, the R&D Advanced Software Engineer shall receive training on SGG products, along with a competitive salary and benefits and will be supported by their manager to grow their career within the company.