Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Bias)
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Hours: Full time
Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
We have recently upgraded our printing operation, installing a brand new 20 unit, in-line flexographic press which is capable of printing 700mm wide at a rate of 300 metres per minute. This investment allows us to serve more customers than ever before.
We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic people to join us as Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineers.
The primary function of the Maintenance Engineering team is to support the Production Department throughout the provision of planned and daily maintenance, and technical advice on a range of bespoke printing and finishing machinery. The development of new equipment and processes as well as the maintenance of Company properties also form part of the overall departmental responsibilities.
The engineering department currently operates a rotating shift pattern of early, late and night shifts, with a rostered weekend call-out system.
In order to be considered for this role you must possess the following:
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Previous experience of working as a Mechanical Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to use your own initiative to solve problems, and to challenge the ‘status quo’.
- A self-motivated attitude and a proven commitment to seeing a job through to its conclusion to maintain production.
- A flexible approach to your work, in terms of production and maintenance demands as well as continuous improvement methods.
Although not essential, experience of working with the following would be advantageous:
- Print and / or print finishing machinery
- Project management
- Machine building
- Electrical fault finding
- Refurbishment of faulty parts, including pumps, rollers and ink pump processing equipment
- Developing machinery and production based equipment to improve efficiency and output of agreed equipment.
- Fabrication and metal machining experience would be an advantage.
- CAD electrical drawing
- PUWER risk assessments
There is a competitive salary of up to £46,500 per annum, generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme with a company match of 6% of pensionable salary and free onsite car parking.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.