Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Hours: Full time
Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
We have recently upgraded our printing operation, installing a brand new 20 unit, in-line flexographic press which is capable of printing 700mm wide at a rate of 300 metres per minute. This investment allows us to serve more customers than ever before.
We are currently seeking a Shipping Clark, to join our busy Shipping department, based at our manufacturing site in Leeds. You will be providing a specialist function, supporting the outward shipment of our finished goods.
Duties are varied and will include
- Reviewing items to be shipped, destination, customer requirements and constraints, rates and timeliness of shipment and recommend the method of shipment.
- Obtaining competitive cost quotations pertinent to the job as specified to ensure the best value service.
- Preparing all shipping documentation and invoicing to ensure that all practical and legal requirements are met.
- Investigating causes of damage, shortages and freight overcharges and issue claims.
- Maintaining a quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Reconciling freight invoices and investigate discrepancies.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements by enforcing company and governmental regulations.
- Compile reports and liaise with the Accounts department to ensure that information is accurate, consistent and available by others to fulfil company requirements.
- Undertaking general administrative duties such as scanning, filing etc. as is necessary to maintain an accurate and logical data trail.
In order to be considered for this role, you must possess the following:
- Computer literate, with experience of word/excel packages.
- A good standard of GCSEs, to include English and Mathematics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise workload when faced with conflicting deadlines.
This role is an ideal opportunity to gain strong administration experience, whilst working in a varied, fast-paced manufacturing environment. As well as a competitive salary of up to £22,500 other benefits include generous annual leave, company pension and free onsite car park.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.