Pre Press Operative
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
We have recently upgraded our printing operation, installing a brand new 20 unit, in-line flexographic press which is capable of printing 700mm wide at a rate of 300 metres per minute. This investment allows us to serve more customers than ever before.
We have a vacancy available in our Prepress team for an Origination Operative.
The role includes:
- Performing artwork pre-flight checks and producing colour correct proofs.
- Producing imposed files for platemaking.
- Producing artwork for product reverses.
- Producing positional templates.
- Quality control measures associated with all work produced.
- Carrying out regular calibration of proofing equipment.
- Producing hot foil and other special product samples for Sales team.
- Making and mounting Flexographic plates.
- Liaising with print staff to resolve technical issues.
Competence in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is essential whilst experience of using Esko Automation Engine and Artpro+ software is also preferred. Knowledge of preparing files for Flexographic presses would be an advantage however training can be offered to a suitable candidate. The successful applicant will need to be self motivated, able to work under their own initiative/supervision and have a flexible approach to tasks and working hours.
The role involves working the following double day shift pattern:
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Alternate early (0600-1330) and late (1330-2100) shift pattern.
There is a competitive salary of up to £37,700, generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme with a company match of 6% of pensionable salary and free onsite car parking.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.