Game Designer / Mathematician
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Content Development
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
SG Gaming, the UK division of Scientific Games Corporation, designs and develops leading gaming content in a creative and dynamic work environment, constantly striving to deliver new and exciting content to our consumers. We are currently looking for a Game Designer / Mathematician to strengthen our team.
As a member of the game design team, the primary responsibilities of the role are to use the individual’s skill and knowledge to contribute to the design and development of successful new gaming content. In addition to contributing to initial concept, the individual will be expected to produce software simulation and math modelling in order to evaluate and evolve the concept with other members of the design team. The role also includes working closely with artists and software engineers to develop our concepts through to final product.
- Contribute to initial concept design.
- Produce software simulation and math models for concepts.
- Work closely with artists and software engineers in the development of our concepts.
- Oversee development of concept through to final release stage.
- Maintain a thorough and current knowledge of the markets that the company is involved in.
- Enthusiasm for gaming products
- Design flair & vision
- Proven video/game software development skills, ideally within C++
- Strong mathematical skills
- Degree level mathematical or software engineering education
- Knowledge of spreadsheet math modelling particularly slots and table games
- Knowledge of IDE’s and gaming engines (Unity etc)
- Proven design success in the gaming environment
- 2+ years’ experience developing content for gaming markets
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in either software or mathematical disciplines and be a confident team player who can work on own initiative and also manage others. The role requires flair and creativity with the ability to think outside the box. You must be able to work comfortably alongside professionals in a multi-disciplined development environment.
Our investment in talent keeps SG Gaming at the cutting edge of the gaming industry as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play. SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market and now has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
You will receive a very competitive salary commensurate with experience, additional benefits and company bonus as well as career development opportunities.
Our content development office is based in Chadderton, Greater Manchester. We are a forward looking and modern employer and offer flexi-time and remote/home based working as part of this role.