Department / Function: Product Development ~ Product Development
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to join SG Gaming, one of the leading global players in the UK gaming market.
Based out of our Chadderton office, the successful applicant will be involved in the design and development of mechanical/electromechanical solutions. The Engineering function is an established team focussing on the concept, design, manufacture and lifecycles of a multitude of hardware platforms for the US Casino, UK LBO, Arcade and Bingo markets. The team mainly consists of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineers, project manager and workshop technician.
The ideal candidate will be an Engineer with a good knowledge of engineering disciplines and have a willingness to learn and have a working knowledge of CAD and BoM structures.
To coordinate the production of formal detailed designs in a format agreed with the Mechanical Engineering Manager, and supporting Design Documents
- To produce concepts & designs that satisfy the requirements, deliverables and constraints laid down in the Project Initiation Document, Requirements Document or as required by Engineering or other Senior Management.
- To produce design documentation that accurately conveys the design to other member of the Engineering group, internal stakeholders, nominated third parties and suppliers.
- To produce designs that conforms to current and future Health and Safety and Compliance Standards.
- To manage the interface between the engineering department, and the companies Contract Manufacturers & key suppliers.
To implement and maintain designs
- To produce high quality, design concepts, prototypes models, and CAD data.
- To hand over completedesigns, BOMs and all relevant data.
- To keep project and design documentation up to date & secure.
- To provide accurate time-scale estimates for work.
- To provide considered input to the project planning process and risk assessment.
- To ensure design and implementation issues that may cause deviation from plan to be brought to the attention of the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
- To maintain an up-to-date personal detailed plan of activities so that progress against plan can be tracked & corrective action taken if required.
- To work individually or within a team to the objectives and time-scales of the department & company.
- To attend meetings as required by the Mechanical Engineering Manager and to participate constructively in these meetings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
To adhere to the Departments Design System
- To ensure all RFW’s are executed in a timely manner.
- To ensure that project handovers are managed & documented effectively.
- To ensure CAD / PLM, Oracle systems are maintained, up-to-date and accurate.
- To ensure ISO 2015 processes are maintained and improvements are made when applicable to the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- To take ownership of a product through its full lifecycle.
- High level CAD abilities preferably in SolidWorks.
- Educated to HNC/HND in an Mechanical Engineering based discipline.
- Working knowledge of BoM, ECO and general product housekeeping.
- Good communication skills and ability to report progress.
- Far Eastern Manufacture experience.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mechanical, Electrical and electronics.
- Understanding of PLM.
- Have an analytical mind, with an attention to detail and be able to think outside of the box.
- Be approachable, a great communicator and friendly.
- Be controlled under pressure and manage time constraints effectively.
- They must have creative flair and be impassioned about creating great products for SG Gaming.
Working across the arcade, bingo, casino, interactive and licensed betting office sectors of the UK, we are one of the leaders in our field, supplying some of the biggest names in the industry with both the hardware and software to drive forward their success. Also providing content for the interactive gaming sector, we have over 30,000 machines licensed to clients across the country. With a dedicated team of over 70 content developers, we aim to be at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, providing both new content and technology whilst a team of almost 100 technicians provides a broad range of field services to clients.
SG Gaming employs more than 400 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.