Senior Software Engineer - C/C++
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Software Engineers
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
Working in a creative software team alongside graphic artists and games designers, the role is to develop video game software for UK and International gaming markets. The employee will have full responsibility for taking games from initial concept through to final production.
At a Senior Engineer level the employee would be expected to produce high quality code and contribute towards the mentoring process of more junior engineers. The individual will have full responsibility for developing game software from initial concept through to final production.
Based in Manchester, we have over sixty highly skilled content development staff designing and developing game content for UK and International markets.
- The employee is required to be responsible for delivering game content and make a significant contribution to the software teams overall output.
- Develop software whilst conforming to coding standards, release procedures and processes.
- Follow a self-determined project plan to deliver software in a timely manner.
- Take an active part in code reviews of other colleague’s developments.
- Assist in producing team guiding software helping to improve software quality.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
In addition to a genuine interest in gaming, an in depth knowledge of 2D/3D video games programming and creative flair are major pre-requisites of the position.
The candidate must demonstrate a high level of technical competence coupled with a good grounding in software development.
- Good level of education, equivalent to at least degree level in a relevant subject such as maths or Computer Science.
- Good level of Professional experience in the games/gaming industry.
- Strong C/C++ in an object oriented environment.
- Direct X / Open GL knowledge preferable (not essential).
- 4+ years of 3D/2D commercial game development experience.
- Knowledge of gaming techniques including Physics, animation and audio.
- Good understanding of statistical math.
- Knowledge of Gambling industry advantageous (not essential).
- Awareness of software pipeline efficiencies’.
- Good understanding of the importance of source control practices.
- Good understanding of the importance of fault tracking systems.
SG Gaming employs more than 400 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 10,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary and additional benefits.