Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Hours: Full time
A unique opportunity to join the highly successful Scientific Games International Ltd, which is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe. Recent investment has seen the installation of a new, additional flexographic printing press to serve our growing customer base.
This role is a supporting administrative role to our hard working Press crews. Based in the heart of our busy factory, we want someone, enthusiastic, hard working and efficient who will embrace the chance to be a vital part of our operation, and our future success. This is a great chance to learn the foundations of manufacturing administration, and understand our business itself.
Your duties will include:
- Organising rotas and arranging overtime shifts to cover holidays and other absences.
- Checking and submitting timesheets.
- Accepting absence requests, and booking absences through the HR system.
- Completing daily management reports.
- Collecting and logging Press Preventative Maintenance records.
- Maintaining and updating training records for all press operators.
- Checking and maintaining the required stock of all press consumables and inks.
- Coordinating refurbishment and return of anilox rollers and imager print-heads when required.
- Answering queries from press operators on policies and procedures, liaising with Human Resources when necessary.
- Providing company information and updates to the press crews.
- Ensuring excellent housekeeping skills are maintained in the press areas.
In order to be successful in this role you need to have:
- exceptional self-organisation skills, with the ability to manage your own tasks and time with little supervision.
- an interest in manufacturing management, and a willingness to learn.
- a flexible approach to your work.
- good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Previous administration experience, but not necessarily in manufacturing.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.