Inventory Control Manager
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Hours: 38.75 hours per week
SG Gaming, market leaders in the retail betting and gaming sector are currently seeking an Inventory Control Manager to join its Chadderton based team in our Greater Manchester offices.
As an experienced Inventory/Supply Chain Manager with extensive exposure working in a manufacturing and a logistics environment, you will be responsible for the entire inventory process.
As well as driving the inventory processes forward using continuous improvement techniques and managing a team across multiple locations, you will primarily ensure that activities are efficient and properly documented and production and service levels are maintained.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer and dealing with non-confirming product.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained over the required minimum levels.
- Maintain Stock/Inventory System for SG Gaming.
- Requisition/Order Stock when required.
- Timely reporting of all variances, out of stock items / return to stock, etc. and taking corrective action as required and reporting where required to the Manager, Materials Management- Planning.
- Planning/organizing and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes for both Warehouse and Technician Van Stocks as directed by the Stock Control Department.
- Ensure the accuracy and strict control of all relevant documentation and administration relevant to your area.
- Timely and accurate transfer and recording of all internal stock movements.
- Collate orders for distribution to Technicians within designated area.
- Send Faulty stock for repair to appropriate entity
- Check all deliveries for quality and quantity and receive onto system.
- Liaise with the Materials Planning regarding stock queries.
- Ensure processes & procedures are implemented.
- Process and despatch delivery notes received to the Purchasing Dept.
- Monitor data supplied by technicians in relation to stock movements.
- Monitor the interaction between Oracle R12 and Astea to ensure consistency of data
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Computer Literate (Excel and Word).
- Team development and people skills - strong time management capabilities
- Understanding and Implementing process improvements
- Experience of Employee Relations/ Training and Developing Staff
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies and procedures and
- Able to work to set deadlines.
- Use own initiative
- Fork Lift Licence (Reach/Counter Balance).
- Qualification in Supervisory Management
- Experience of using Oracle ERP Systems
This role would suit an enthusiastic and reliable individual with excellent multi-tasking and management skills who is flexible and highly organised with sound financial acumen.
SG Gaming employs more than 400 people across three offices in the UK and is supported by its global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 8,000 people in more than 50 countries on six continents. You will receive first class training, support and career development opportunities along with a very competitive salary, additional benefits and company bonus.