Senior Product Manager
Department / Function: Product Development ~ Product Development
Location: Home based with office travel
The Senior Product Manager is accountable for the design and delivery of strategic improvements to our gaming products, platforms and customer propositions. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for end to end product delivery starting with market analysis and ending with developed products that meet our customer’s needs and deliver revenue growth.
Working as part of the Global Product Management team, the Senior Product Manager will be responsible for developing our retail gaming platform offer for the UK and other international markets. This will involve working with customers and internal stakeholders to help us to innovate and deliver exciting gaming experiences to hundreds of thousands of players every week.
- Contribute to the creation, delivery and evolution of our global product strategy for gaming platforms.
- Champion the product vision, engage the wider business teams and encourage contribution to new product development.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in both what we deliver and how we deliver it.
- Own the gaming platform roadmap from cradle to grave – balancing the needs of internal and external stakeholders and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware.
- Identify problems and opportunities and assess all options using business cases to prioritise actions.
- Agree solutions that deliver value for both Scientific Games and our customers.
- Lead communication with internal teams and key customers for gaming platform strategy and development.
- Own documentation for all gaming platform developments (including requirements documentation and customer launch materials).
- Work with our outsourced delivery partner, agree solution designs and work with delivery and QA teams to ensure that the solution meets the correct levels of quality.
- Support initial rollout and operation by acting as the subject matter expert for internal and customer teams. Gather feedback to drive future improvements and developments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Product management experience for multiple products – preferably across more than one industry.
- Previous roles with responsibility for software products or equivalent experience.
- Experience operating within agile and waterfall environments (we use both across various projects).
- Evidence of creation of commercial business cases and using this to help prioritise product development decisions.
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business and with external teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Solid and repeatedly demonstrated problem solving abilities and evidence of use analytical skills to determine future actions and assess past decisions.
- Strong project management skills – the role has accountability for ensuring that products are delivered on time, to budget and to agreed levels of quality.
- Experience of taking products from concept through to delivery including commercial planning.
- Experience of working in a B2B environment and of working with account teams and end customers.
- Experience of working with external development teams –remote communication and management are important skills.
- Formal Product Management qualifications would be an advantage but are not essential.
- Gaming or Leisure product background advantageous but not essential.
- Strong communicator – part of the Senior Product Manager’s role is to be an advocate for the product vision and the candidate must be able to effectively engage and excite their colleagues.
- Confident and able to speak out against the crowd and support their opinions with strong reasoning, analysis and evidence.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- Able to think on the go and adapt quickly to changing demands.
- High levels of attention to detail are required as the role is accountable for end results and must get the small things right.
- Must be able to drive teams to deliver targets.
- Passionate about improving both what they do and how they do it.