Flexo Press Assistant
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
A vacancy has arisen for a Press Assistant to join our manufacturing plant in Leeds. Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art printing facility in Leeds supplies lottery scratch cards to clients in Europe.
Reporting to the Lead Printer, your main responsibility will be operating the Un-wind and Re-wind on our 18-unit in-Flexographic printing press but you will be expected to perform a variety of tasks and other duties to enable the press to function at its optimum efficiency.
You will be working in a team of six and must be an excellent team player with exceptional communication skills.
Although the role is for a Press Assistant, the ideal candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and must be willing to train up to cover a number of other press positions.
Duties will include:
- Loading and unloading reels
- Making and mounting flexographic plates as the need arises
- Cleaning ink sumps and pumps
- Cleaning and rebuild ink chambers
- Performing preventative maintenance programme
- Assisting Printers during make readies
In order to be considered for this position you must possess the following:
- Previous experience of working / assisting on a Flexographic printing press
- Knowledge of the printing process
- Willingness to take a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure
This position involves working a Continental Shift pattern (which will include working weekends and nights) of on average, 39 hours per week.
As part of the role you will be expected to work overtime, at the appropriate pay rates, for holiday cover, sickness cover and standard overtime shifts – this ongoing flexibility is an essential requirement
As well as a competitive salary other benefits include pension scheme and onsite car park.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.