Department / Function: Technology ~ Technology
The position requires a highly motivated multifaceted individual to contribute and be part of a proactive, responsive and customer focused corporate systems team and be responsible for the administration, maintenance, installation, monitoring and reporting of all Oracle databases.
You will ensure the delivery and technical support of Oracle database products and ensure services meet the agreed standard for the environment.
Provide input into the improvement of services and processes and the mitigation of risks associated with the environment.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with providing the full range of DBA services required in a complex, multi-database environment.
- Manage Oracle Database systems (versions 10g, 11g and 12c)
- Skilled in implementing database software updates and patches
- Skilled in performance tuning (database and SQL)
- Day to day monitoring of the Oracle database systems including daily checks
- Be familiar with writing and maintaining technical documentation that details system maintenance processes/procedures.
- Develop and design database backup and recovery procedures
- Implement effective monitoring and error reporting strategies for Oracle database systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Significant Oracle DBA experience
- Proven commercial experience of Oracle 10g/11g/12c including
- The ability to write code in SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience in performing data analysis
- Knowledge of Enterprise Manager
- Knowledge of database backups (using RMAN, Import/Export, Data Pump)
- Knowledge of database performance tuning
- CPU Patching
- Knowledge of ASM
- Knowledge of Oracle Data warehouse design
- Understanding of coding and design standards
- Excellent communication and customer focus skills
- Reporting or Cognos experience.
- Linux and Windows Scripting.
- E Business suite experience.
- Knowledge of APEX applications
Candidates will need to have the following attributes to be successful in the role:
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision whilst meeting deadlines.
- Must be a proven problem solver with the ability to think “out of the box”.
- Self-starter able to liaise with stakeholders to establish requirements.
- Ability to self-learn and acquire skills and techniques as required.
- Flexibility to work within an operational environment and as a project resource.
- Strong drive to document work, share knowledge and collaborate in a team.
- Exceptional organisational, verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Provide on-call and out of hours 3rd line support on occasion.