Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
Headquartered in London, SG Gaming employ over 550 people across three offices, with state of the art premises at our head office and in regional hubs in Manchester and the Midlands. Our investment in talent keeps us at the cutting edge of the gaming industry, as our team continues to develop the best new products that customers love to play and that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We operate across the LBO, arcades and bingo channels, and our specialist teams have the experience and expertise to provide the most appropriate and most profitable choice for our clients, whether independent businesses or major chains.
SG Gaming has a rich heritage in the UK gaming market, having brought together two long established players into one business:
The Global Draw, founded in the late nineties, specialises in equipment and games for LBOs.
Barcrest, which supplies terminals and content to arcades and bingo clubs, was established in 1968.
SG Gaming has the support of global gaming parent company, Nasdaq-listed Scientific Games, which employs 5,200 people in more than 50 countries on six continents.
SG Gaming Chadderton Depot controls material for both production and field tech support via utilisation of Oracle and Astea stock control systems. The overall stock holding is circa FLT’s
- To manage the Warehouse Processes, monitor stock from suppliers and manage customer deliveries. Manage technicians and internal stock locations on the inventory system. Manage the personnel under direct control. Improve efficiencies and best use of resources available.
- Responsibility for the Warehouse processes. The objective being to ensure that activities are efficient and properly documented that ensure that efficient Production and Service levels are maintained. Inventory levels to be balanced with minimising working capital requirements and stock write-offs
- Drive inventory processes forward using Continuous Improvement techniques. Promote KPI’s to monitor best business practice within the group
- Manage a team across multiple locations. All aspects of discipline, training and health & safety. Set objectives and monitor performance
- Manage and co-ordinating staff and activities to ensue both resources are applied efficiently and operational commitments are met.
- Ensuring both departmental staff and internal customers comply and adhere to set processes and procedures.
- Provide a lead at floor level with the motivation and mentoring of staff.
- Produce data which provide an understanding and awareness of Warehouse activities and functions.
- Develop and maintain effective synergy with Warehouse and other interrelated departments.
- Provide accountability and transparency for Warehouse functions and activities.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer and dealing with non-confirming product.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained over the required minimum levels.
- Maintain Stock/Inventory System for SG Gaming.
- Requisition/Order Stock when required.
- Timely reporting of all variances, out of stock items / return to stock, etc. and taking corrective action as required and reporting where required to the Supply Chain and Inventory Manager.
- Planning/organizing and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes for both Warehouse and Technician Van Stocks as directed by the Stock Control Department.
- Ensure the accuracy and strict control of all relevant documentation and administration relevant to your area.
- Timely and accurate transfer and recording of all internal stock movements.
- Collate orders for distribution to Technicians within designated area.
- Send Faulty stock for repair to appropriate entity
- Check all deliveries for quality and quantity and receive onto system.
- Liaise with the Stock Administration Department regarding stock queries.
- Ensure processes & procedures as defined by Stock Admin Department are implemented.
- Process and despatch delivery notes received to the Purchasing Dept.
- Monitor data supplied by technicians in relation to stock movements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Computer Literate (Excel and Word).
- Team development and people skills - strong time management capabilities
- Understanding and Implementing process improvements
- Experience of Employee Relations/ Training and Developing Staff
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies and procedures and
- Able to work to set deadlines.
- Use own initiative.
- Fork Lift Licence (Reach/Counter Balance).
- Qualification in Supervisory Management
- Experience of using Oracle Systems
- Warehouse/Inventory Management experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong Leadership/Management
- High level of organisational skills
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety and Employment Legislation