Technical Operations Analyst
Department / Function: Technology ~ QA
SG Gaming is seeking a Technical Support Analyst to work within the Technical Operations team based in West London. Working closely with the organization’s technology and support teams, the role is expected to be a key resource in our support services and infrastructure. Technical Operations is an integral part of the group and responsible for first and second line support of all production and revenue generating systems. This team will support our entire production estate which is the foundation upon which our innovative services are delivered. The team will be responsible and accountable for delivering value and excellence which in turn generates confidence and satisfaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of the Groups production systems.
- Monitor network infrastructure, datacenter environments and applications and investigate any issues that arise.
- Second tier support for retailer and customer issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve open trouble tickets which exceed L1 support capabilities.
- Resolve connection issues, opening tickets as necessary with escalation groups and third parties.
- Drafting and maintaining current procedures/procedure manuals.
- Working with the Head of Customer Services and Technical Operations Manager to ensure necessary escalations to the Infrastructure and Development Teams are effective and responses are within Service Level Agreements.
- Identify repeat issues and follow the defined escalation procedures to ensure swift resolutions and workarounds are put in place.
- Plan the deployment of services and upgrades.
- Work to defined operational procedures and best practice.
- Proactively ensure internal and external customers comply and adhere to set processes and procedures.
- Deliver upon all standards outlined in SLA agreements for customers.
- Prepare, maintain and develop regular reports as and when requested.
- Effective regular communication with all assigned and cross functional team members ensuring effective support for all customers.
- SG Gaming is a developing environment and the post holder will therefore be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required.
- Respect and adhere to confidentiality in all areas relating to Global Draw and employees.
- Adhere to health & safety requirements through to maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- ITIL foundation or proven practical knowledge to include Incident, Change, Release and Problem Management.
- Experience in IT operational support.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles.
- Proven experience dealing directly with customers, and providing a high level of technical support.
- Proven administration, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy ideally proficient using Microsoft Office, Windows, CRM logging and tracking systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Excel.
- CCNA or Microsoft certifications.
- Network, database or Server monitoring experience.
- JIRA knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience working in the gaming industry.
- Any knowledge of the development and testing cycle for large scale software deployments.