Senior QA Test |Engineer - Content
Department / Function: Technology ~ QA
SG Gaming is a leading gaming provider operating more than 18,000 machines and systems in over 4000 venues worldwide including the UK, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. Part of US lotteries giant Scientific Games, SG Gaming was established in the late 1990’s, and pioneered the introduction of Fixed Odd Betting Terminals to the UK’s Licensed Betting Offices.
The successful candidate will be part of the Senior test team responsible for the day to day testing of gaming products, being new/updated game content or platform updates. Most of the work will involve work scoping and assignment, following detailed test cases that focus on the functional, usability, performance and compliance sides of the product, and on reporting issues found in a clear manner.
The candidate will also take responsibility, with the rest of the team, for improving the testing and work we do, by being involved in process or test improvements. These can range from updating our functional test cases, developing our test automation strategy, or trialing a new test tool. These will take into account the candidate’s strengths and interests, and offer great opportunities for team work, innovation and personal development.
- Running functional, performance, usability and compliance tests for UK and International gaming products, and for updates to the platform software;
- Plan Activities and prepare Daily Status Report, Defect Status and Test Case Execution Report.
- Finding and reporting issues on game software being tested in a clear an accurate manner.
- Create and review test cases for the department to ensure 100% test coverage and traceability to defined requirements.
- Completing ad-hoc tasks from requests made to the QA team (e.g. reproducing field issues).
- Highlighting improvements to our testing and work processes.
- Providing support to other SG Gaming departments, as needed.
- Completing other testing tasks as assigned by the Test Manager or Test Lead
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Testing of games or gaming products.
- Running functional, usability and performance tests on different projects.
- Updating test scripts/plans with additional test cases, or creating them from scratch.
- Bug tracking software, and reporting issues in a clear manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving/ analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- Computer literate, with excellent working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to work on his own with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility, able to complete all manner of different test tasks as needed.
- Ability to learn quickly (product functionality and test tools), and retain knowledge.
Desirable (not essential):
- Using Test Management tools.
- Knowledge of test automation and automation tools.
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail.
- Understanding and awareness of UK compliance and gaming commission legislation.
- Passionate about games testing.
- Reliable, positive and professional “can do” attitude.
- A quick learner.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Independent, with the ability to work without much supervision without losing focus.
- Confident, enthusiastic and approachable, with the ability to work effectively with others.