Department / Function: Corporate ~ HR
We are a leading gaming tech provider and are seeking a key player to join our HR team in Chiswick. In this role you will be enthusiastic, skilled, dependable and experienced, the ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing all administrative activities related to payroll across the globe.
The primary responsibilities will be to own, and update, the benefits and finance systems, as well providing general administrative assistance as required. In addition, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- You will own the HR Database, checking that the data is being entered appropriately (eg. Leavers are being processed; job changes are being captured).
- You will build and operate simple process for capturing changes to pay (leavers, extraordinary payments, new joiners, overtime where payable etc), working closely with the HR Business Partners to check information and obtain their approval prior to loading into payroll.
- You will prepare monthly payroll files for the outsource payroll providers to execute.
- Handle queries about pay and pension.
- You will run people-related MI on a monthly basis as part of month end information pack, month end analysis of net pay movement as well as preparing ad-hoc analyses as required from time to time.
- You will work with our HR providers to stay abreast of changes to legislation that can affect our pay and reward offer and advise accordingly.
- Assist the with processing the company’s payroll each pay period.
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
- Where required, compute employee take-home pay based on time records, benefits, and taxes.
- Answers employee questions about salary, deductions and attendance.
- Handle system changes with regards to exemptions, job status, and job titles.
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law.
- Where necessary, identify, investigate and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records.
- Maintain accurate electronic (including HRIS system) and paper-based employee HR files, ensuring all employee data is up to date with 100% accuracy and completeness.
- Assist or process (as required) weekly and monthly payroll including statutory year end returns and P60s.
- Assist with reporting from payroll in line with HR and business requirements, as well as entering variable overtime and expense payments.
- Collate monthly timesheets as required and process in line with company requirements.
Additional responsibilities & development
There will be opportunity to get involved in other cyclical HR activity if the role/capacity permits
- Where required, assist with the administration of changes to employment terms, including promotions, demotions and pay/benefit changes, liaising with managers, employees and payroll, ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained and accurate change documentation is produced.
- Assist with, and where possible coordinate, the various annual HR processes, including performance review, annual/interim pay review and bonus administration and updating employee records.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Group HR Director and HR Business Partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven payroll knowledge.
- Knowledge of UK manual tax and national insurance calculations.
- A confident user of Excel, Word, HMRC online PAYE services.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Invested in promoting a customer care/service-based approach and operate with discretion.
- Proven work experience using HR software systems (i.e. Workday; Oracle).
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse information and create accurate electronic reports is essential.
- Numerate, and experience of creating spreadsheets and databases, is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
AAT or Part II CIMA/CACA/CA desirable