Software Configuration and Release Engineer
Department / Function: Operations ~ Deployment
Reporting directly to the Deployment Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the testing, downloading and installing of custom software using bespoke tools to a machine estate of 25000+ devices. The tools you will use are bespoke to our business so full training will be provided. The team is task driven with each team member assigned a set of tasks through JIRA which range from testing a single Game update through to testing a full suite of Games as part of our monthly deployment cycle. You will also be required to create various promotional activities within the system and assign marketing screens and animations to meet customer and marketing requests. A key element of the role is to ensure our estates are audited on a regular basis and that all correct software versions have been applied so an eye for detail is required to ensure any anomalies are spotted and actioned in a timely manner.
This particular role is focused on 3 key tasks:
- Production of Hard Drive Images for use in our production estates
- Checking and administration of all digital marketing assets
- Administration of our production package request and release process
- Effectively implementing and developing accurate database reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Accurately following control practices for changes to software and games, through to delivering efficient communication of all changes internally and externally.
- Working effectively within a team of deployment administrators, managing your individual tasks, whilst incorporating a solid working knowledge of the overall team objectives and goals.
- Effectively organise and follow through on the reporting and co-ordination of deployment activities efficiently, meeting set deadlines.
- Collaborate with Marketing for the coordination of customer gaming machine promotions on a local, regional and national basis, liaising with internal and external colleagues on timescales, promotion content and duration.
- Perform game testing prior to release of new content to the estate and accurately document any issues encountered.
- Proactively and accurately follow SG Gaming processes and practices including gambling industry commission standards.
- To act as a role model and deliver on all principles and standards required at SG Gaming.
- SG Gaming is a developing environment and the post holder will therefore be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required.
- Respect and adhere to confidentiality in all areas relating to SG Gaming and employees.
- Adhere to health & safety requirements through to maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Escalate any issues detected in a timely manner with a clear understanding and communication of the issue.
- Good IT skills, intermediate Excel user, with experience of database technologies and experience using Microsoft Outlook an advantage.
- Establish and maintain positive customer service relationships which will be mostly through telephone and email contact and ensure high expectations are being met.
- Ability to work under pressure on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meet set deadlines.
- Excellent internal and external customer liaison skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good email and telephone manner.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse information.
- Proven team player with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- JIRA knowledge
- Basic understanding of networking
- Knowledge and experience working in the gaming industry
- Any knowledge of the development and testing cycle for large scale software deployments