Quality Engineer (Quality and ISO Certifications)
Department / Function: Operations ~ Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to join our manufacturing plant in Leeds. Scientific Games International Ltd is a subsidiary of the $1Billion pa turnover, globally renowned Scientific Games Corporation. Our purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility in Leeds designs and manufactures lottery scratch cards for clients in Europe.
In this autonomous role, you will be implementing, overseeing and improving quality processes. This ranges from:
- Reviewing manufacturing processes and techniques to find efficiencies.
- Investigating customer complaints, using root cause analysis and other tools, and implementing corrective actions.
- Carrying out quality risk assessments.
- Conducting supplier audits and giving appropriate feedback.
- Analysing supplier and sub-contractor performance and implementing improvement measures.
- Carrying out internal audits and hosting external auditor visits in line with our ISO accreditations.
- Delivering training to staff: this may be via ‘toolbox talks’ or presentations.
- Overseeing the document management system.
- Creating management reports on quality issues.
Although based in Leeds, the role will also involve liaison with other UK and global subsidiaries to drive forward quality and business management system strategies worldwide. The role will also involve prime responsibility for our ISO 27001 (Information Security) standard, and supporting other team members in relation to our ISO 14001, ISO 45001, FSC / PEFC Chain of Custody and Responsible Gaming Management Systems.
In order to be considered for this role, you must possess the following:
- Proven experience and working knowledge of ISO 9001 management system development, implementation and improvement, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 Information Security management systems.
- Practical experience of working with and implementing quality improvement techniques – Six Sigma, LEAN Manufacturing and problem-solving tools such as root cause analysis, 8D, fishbone diagrams and five whys.
- Experience of carrying out internal audits, identifying non-conformances, giving feedback and developing improvement plans.
- Strong team working skills, in order to collaborate with different areas to implement improvements.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor delivery to different audiences.
- Motivation to challenge the ‘status quo’, balanced with a supportive approach to change management and the associated challenges this brings.
- The ability to work autonomously
You will be given a competitive salary and benefits which include 26 days holiday, a car park onsite and a defined contribution pension scheme.
Please note that due to the highly secure nature of our business, any job offer would be subject to the following screening: drugs screening test, receipt of references, receipt of satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau check, and a satisfactory credit history check. We would also require proof of eligibility to work in the UK before any job offer is made.
Click apply or email: Katherine.Clark@scientificgames.com