Department / Function: Corporate ~ Sales & Marketing,Corporate ~ Yield Management
Hours: 35 per week
The Insight Analyst will work within a team of 6 insight specialists that cover our UK and international gaming products. The role is intended to create actionable intelligence that can be used by our internal teams and our customers to operate more effectively and maximise the performance of our products. The Insight Analyst will distill our comprehensive raw data and market intelligence into easily digestible insights that help stakeholders make decisions – this will involve using data and statistical tools and modelling to draw out the important information from large data sets.
This role will focus on helping our teams to understand player behaviour, product functionality and performanceThis will include player journey mapping using data, understanding the impact of promotions and helping our internal product design teams to understand the impact of the changes that they make. The real value in the output is delivered not by showing ‘what’ happened but by helping our teams understand ‘why’ it happened and ‘so what’ actions should be taken. This role reports to the Business Intelligence and Analytics Manager and is responsible for Insight into all UK gaming customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of interpreting & analysing data for commercial purposes
- Excellent MS office skills (particularly Excel, but written reports and presentations must have high production value)
- Experience in using either SQL or IBM SPSS and working with large datasets
- Experience of creating analysis that gets into the detail and helps stakeholders understand ‘why’ things have happened and what they should do as a result
- Demonstrated ability to take disparate data sources and create clear analysis that can be consumed and actioned by non-data specialists
- Curious, creative, and looks for solutions beyond the expected
- Experience presenting findings and recommendations to senior audiences (preferably internal and external stakeholders)
- Experience of using data visualization tools such as Cognos, PowerBI, OBIEE, Tableau etc
- Experience of using other data modelling tools and programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience of statistical modelling techniques (particularly to determine dataset relationships and significance of results)
- Experience of working with data within FMCG or high volume product sale sectors
- Relevant formal qualifications (e.g. Mathematics related degree)
- Gaming sector experience is a benefit but it is more important that the successful candidate is a great analyst!