BI & Analytics Manager
Department / Function: Corporate ~ Sales & Marketing,Corporate ~ Yield Management
Hours: 35 per week
This key role of BI & Analytics manager will lead the team responsible for processing raw commercial data into digestible information that can be used to make insightful business. The team is at the forefront of maximising our investment in data science.
Responsible for a team of four Insight Analysts and a Reporting Analyst, the BI and Analytics Manager ensures that the team work collaboratively with colleagues (e.g. Account Managers, Product Managers, Games Designers) to deliver valuable insight to analyse performance and suggest actions for improvement. The BI and Analytics Manager is also responsible for working with Product Managers to create products and services from our raw data (e.g. Predictive Analytic Promotions services that can be sold to customers to improve their revenues).
- Manage a team of up five analysts including all day to day work allocation
- Coach team members to assist in their professional development and deliver improved outputs
- The initial focus will be on recruiting a new team which will give the successful candidate full control of shaping how BI is delivered in the future
Data and Insight Strategy
- Contribute to the creation, delivery and evolution of our insight strategy to maximize the benefit of SG Gaming’s significant investment in data and business intelligence tools
- Co-lead the development and delivery of a commercial roadmap of data products and services
- Identify opportunities for improvement in both what we deliver and how we deliver it
Insight Delivery (through direct reports)
- Manage the definition and delivery of actionable insight for both Business-As-Usual activities (e.g. weekly performance) and ad-hoc/project based initiatives (e.g. introduction of new promotional functionality, Impact of responsible gambling tools).
- Manage the delivery of market information (e.g. competitor activity, customer trends) and work with internal teams to ensure the entire business has a shared understanding of the market environments within which we operate
- Manage the trials and change process to ensure that all change activity is carried out with a sound business case and is set up for successful analysis and recommendation.
- Promote a culture of ‘curiosity’ within the SG-Gaming business. The BI and Analytics Manager will help to encourage our wider team to see the value of insight and use this to promote beneficial change for our customers
Reporting Delivery (through Reports Analyst)
- Deliver a reporting service that enables our internal teams and our customers to understand what has happened within our customers’ venues
- Work with internal teams to refine existing reports and to deliver ad-hoc reporting where required
- Act as point of contact for data issues with our IT, Billing and Deployment teams
- Present insights feedback at account reviews and customer meetings
Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing a data/insight/analytics team – this role will be hands on and requires somebody who has walked the walk
- Experience in using either PL/SQL or IBM SPSS and working with large datasets (this skillset will be available elsewhere in the team but it is important the team manager has a working knowledge to be able to validate team member’s work where required)
- Experience of statistical modelling techniques
- Experience of delivering structured insight for ‘non-data-focused’ stakeholders (e.g. account managers)
- Demonstrated ability to create an environment where data and insight lead decision making
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Experience of using other data modelling tools and techniques (e.g. R)
- Experience of using BI tools such as Cognos, PowerBI, OBIEE, Tableau etc
- Experience of working with data within FMCG or high volume product sale sectors
- Experience of team building – particularly recruitment and onboarding
- Experience of working with IT teams to improve technical infrastructure and delivery (e.g. we currently host data on servers within our data centre – we may take a decision to move to cloud based infrastructure and the BI and Analytics manager could add value if they have experience of both ways of working)
- Gaming sector experience is a benefit but it is more important that the successful candidate is a great analyst!